“Supply chains are everywhere. From the biggest company in the world to running your househould. We all have supply chain experience even if we don’t know it.” ~ EverythingSupplyChain.com
BrownSense has partnered with The South African Association of International Traders (SAAIT) to bring you the Introductory Course in International Trade.
This is an introductory course is one of 3, and will cover the following modules:
– Module 1: The shipping process and modes of transport;
– Module 2: Basic shipping terminology;
– Module 3: Incoterms;
– Module 4: SA local procedures;
– Module 5: Authority stops and documentation
A snapshot of what the next 2 courses will comprise of:
a. Registration as an Importer and/or Exporter
• Customs (SARS)
• National Regulator for Compulsory Standards (NRCS)
• Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF)
• State Vet
• Port Health
• The International Trade Administration Commission of South Africa (ITAC)
b. Support, assistance and guidance
• Consultation, guidance and assistance in making decisions with your imports and exports.
• Logistics experts to assist with any government legislation advice, additional costs, delays, etc.
• Assistance in the settling of disputes with any service provider
• Audit of all costings to ensure correct and applicable, and checking of documents to ensure it’s in accordance with required legal legislation and accepted standards.
• Setup of systems and procedures to control and monitor your imports or exports.
The intended outcome is to equip businesses of any size with the relevant know-how that will help make engaging with logistic service providers easier, and even enable them to bring a lot of this work in-house.
This course comes at the right time as we must all prepare ourselves to launch our businesses to benefit from the African Continental Free Trade Area Agreement. Here is something to show you the size of this massive opportunity: “In 2025, if we do well and make it work, the African market will be USD 3.6 trillion. This is not insignificant for businesses, At the end of the day, it is why we are here.” – Vera Songwe, Executive Secretary of the UN Economic Commission for Africa.
As of the 4th October 2021, 38 out of 54 countries in the continent have ratified the AfCFTA [https://www.tralac.org/resources/infographic/13795-status-of-afcfta-ratification.html].
It is clear that whether we like it or not, supply chain is a part of our daily lives. This course will empower you, and open your mind to the many blind spots that a novice would easily fall prey to.
The course is timely as we are celebrating our 6th year anniversary on the 13th January, and beyond being an access to markets platform we are also an enabler and have an outlook that extends beyond the South Africa borders.
This resonates with the statement ‘The BeautYful Ones Are Here’, a response to Ghanaian author Ayi Kwei Armah’s The Beautyful Ones Are Not Yet Born.
The course will take place online from the 7th March – 11th March [from 7pm], with an option for those who cannot attend the weekday sessions to attend on the weekend of 12 March – 13 March [8am – 1pm, with a 15 minute break at 10.30]. The fee is R5,500 [excl. VAT], can be paid at once or over a 2 month period, and has the following discount options:
– 8% off early bird fee applicable if paid by the 31st January;
– 10% off for our BrownSense Verified members; and
– 15% off the total amount due if paying for 3 or more people from your organization
To register for this game-changing course, use the following link: https://www.brownsenseinsights.co.za/event-details/introductory-course-in-international-trade/form